Would it surprise you if I told you there was no best exercise for weightloss. You see there is no one size fits all when it comes to exercise. The exercises you do will depend on the equipment or any personal limitations that you may have. Someone with leg problems cannot usually run as an exercise. Someone without access to a swimming pool or body of water would not be able to swim for exercise.
A Few Great Exercises For Weight Loss
Raising your heart and breathing rate for a specified period of time at least three times a week is a great start to burning more calories. This can be achieved by either heavy or light workouts, so dont feel you need to lift huge amounts of weight to get some benefit. There are some great ideas below, but talk to your doctor before starting any of the more athletic activities.
– Do activities that involve moving your body that you enjoy doing. You’re more likely to continue your efforts in the long run if you enjoy yourself.
– Swimming can be a great weight loss exercise if you have access to a pool as it is easy on the joints. Swimming in cool water also means your body burns calories heating itself.
– Walking is a great alternative to running or jogging due to the fact that it is easier on the body, is more enjoyable for most of us, and can deliver about the same benefits for the same distance traveled.
– Climbing up and down stairs is a very aerobic exercise. It burns almost as many calories as jogging, without the problems of weather as it can be done both inside and outside.
– Stationary bicycles by themselves are tough to use regularly because of the boredom factor. If you can place the stationary bike in a position where you can watch your favorite television show while pedaling, however, you may feel more motivated.
– Parking the car further away from entrances to every place you visit can mean a lot of extra walking. Once you do it enough, it will become an almost unconscious habit. This is a great way to get some sneaky exercise in.
– Do you have a pet? Walking your pet can not only be great exercise but also a good way to meet new people.
– Getting a physical job can be a way to ensure you’ll get enough exercise. It’s important however to be sure it’s something you can handle and enjoy.
– Create a vegetable garden. Gardening can help burn calories while doing something you enjoy. An added benefit to a vegetable garden is that it also can produce the healthy foods that help with weight loss.
These are just a few of the ideas that can help kick start your increased daily activity. What you have available to you and your personal limitations will ultimately affect what activities you can pursue. What you enjoy doing may be the most important consideration, however, because the best exercise for weight loss is the one you’ll actually do and continue to do.